Friday 21 January 2011

Less Is More?

You always hear the odd person saying - whether talking about clothing, or make up - that less is more. In my opinion the exception to this rule is decoration; especially the decoration bedrooms. I love rooms filled with lots of decoration, as long as everything has its own place and looks pretty neat, otherwise the room will start to look cluttered and messy. I can't stand a messy bedroom. I desperately want to decorate my room, but for starters, my room isn't big enough for me to have all the decorations my dream room requires.


I adore all the decorations in this room; I especially love the bed's headboard. The colours of the room - blue and white - make it look fresh and clean. This room shows how you can have a lovely decorated room without the need for wallpaper. 


This room is perfectly decorated, the french-style bed makes the room seem more glamorous, especially with the throw and cushions. The bird-cage mirrors are my favourite part of the room! 


This room has a lot to it, but it doesn't look cluttered at all. Although its not really the type of decoration I would go for (simply for the reason that it isn't 'me'), I love the wallpaper, and all the decorations. 


If you feel that you're room is looking a little plain/simple - there are two ways to sort this problem. Either, hang up some paintings/pictures on the wall, this is an easy way to use up space and add decoration. Or, get yourself a vintage looking dressing table. I love them, they instantly make a room seem more glamorous!
All images from google.                     

Whats your dream bedroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment