Tuesday 18 January 2011

The New Brit Award


This image is the new Brit Award for 2011, designed by the Dame herself: Vivienne Westwood. The new tradition is that every year a leading British designer will create the Brit award, and this year it was Westwoods turn. Putting the award in a Union Flag print toga dress and writing at the bottom (in her true eco-warrior style!) 'Stop! Climate Change' and putting the Vivienne Westwood logo on the helmet. 

I am undecided whether or not I like this new tradition. I believe the original Brit was legendary and therefore recognizable around the world, and the fact that it had the same image for many of years makes it something to treasure when received, and I can't help but feel that by re-designing it they are taking away some of it's sentimental value... 

But what do you think? Yes/No to this new tradition? And what do you think of Vivienne Westwoods design? I have to say, although I am against the new tradition, the design is sleek, relevant and patriotic, but I want to hear your thoughts so leave a comment and let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Hey there :)
    Thanks for the comment! And also for the tweet :D
    Love Lois

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next month I am going to my friend’s birthday party and they are planning for a theme party. I suggest her that you can organize a Halloween toga costume theme party. So, she is agree with my decision but now we have to buy some Halloween costumes and from where we can buy these we don’t have any idea.

    ReplyDelete