Thursday 6 January 2011

Music: Kings Of Leon

'Come Around Sundown' is the latest album by the ever brilliant Kings Of Leon. The dusty, rough and relaxing feel that I get from listening to this album is priceless and I have to say one of my favourite albums of 2010 (along with Ellie Goulding's 'Lights', Lissie's 'Catching A Tiger' and although released way back in 2006 Fionn Regan's 'The End of History' also makes the list, as I only really 'discovered' his music in 2010). 
My favourite songs from 'Come Around Sundown' have to be: Radioactive (The first single released from the album, and also the single nominated for the 53rd Grammy Award in two categories!) Beach Side (Something about this song just makes me want... to be beach side! It's easy, chilled, and the vocals are so smooth and catchy) and finally Pick Up Truck (I just like this song, sometimes you don't need to explain yourself). 


Listen to the brilliant 'Radioactive' below, and youtube the others, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!



Also, on a different note, how much is everyone craving summer? I know I definitely am! I miss the anticipation that my holiday was getting nearer and nearer, the fact that life seems so much brighter, and arrangements are easier to make as there is more to do! 


However, my new coat has just arrived fresh from Topshop and in some selfish way I'd like winter to last a little longer just so I can live in my coat... 

No comments:

Post a Comment